Allow yourself to dare to dream big dreams. Decide what’s right and seize the day before you decide what’s possible. Imagine your future as ideal in every respect, and remember: Whatever others have done, within reason, you can probably do as well so just do it.
Once you’ve decided where you’re going, the only question you ask is “How do I get there?” How do you get from where you are today to where you want to be? And remember, failure is not an option.
Dare to Dream and Discover Your Personal Mission
You have been put on this earth to do something wonderful with your life. What is it? What is that one thing that you are meant to do, that one great accomplishment that will benefit both yourself and others? What is the one step that you need to just do it? One of the most important things you ever do is to ask and answer this question and to dare to dream.
You have within you enormous untapped resources of talent and ability—just waiting to be harnessed and challenged toward some great good. You must refuse to “go to your grave with your music still in you.”
Be honest with yourself. Don’t fall into the trap of selling yourself short, of settling for less than you’re truly capable of. You were born for greatness. You are here to make a difference with your life in some way.
What do you really want? If you could be or do or have anything in life, what would it be? Allow yourself to seize the day, dare to dream, and then go to work to make your dreams come true – just do it.
7 Step ‘Master Skill of Success’
Your ability to set goals and make plans for their accomplishment is the “master skill” of success. This ability, developed through practice, will do more to assure your eventual success than anything else you ever learn.
The 10/90 rule says that, “The first 10 percent of time you spend planning and organizing will often account for 90 percent of the value of the entire process.”
Here is a powerful but simple seven-step method for setting and achieving goals that I have learned over the years:
- First, dare to dream and decide exactly what you want. Clarity is the starting point of great success.
- Second, write it down, in detail, and set a deadline. Set sub-deadlines if necessary.
- Third, determine the additional knowledge, skills, and abilities you will need to achieve your goal—and how you will acquire them.
- Fourth, determine the obstacles and difficulties you will have to overcome to reach your goal, and organize them in order of size and importance.
- Fifth, determine the people, groups, and organizations whose help you will require, and decide what you will have to do for them to earn their assistance.
- Sixth, make a detailed plan, broken down by activity and organized by priority and sequence. What is most important? What must be done first? What must be done before something else is done?
- Seventh, seize the day and take action on your plan immediately. Do something every day to move toward your goal. Get going and keep going. Just do it.
In order to seize the day, goal setting processes have been used by millions of people around the world. The 2 elements of goal-setting that increase your likelihood of achieving your goals by 1000% are outlined in my FREE Goals Report.
At each stage of your life, whenever you are confronted with the need to make new choices, to set new goals, set down and think them through using these seven steps. Always think on paper, and be willing to revise your plans when you get new information. Keep working on your plans until they are complete. Then, just do it and execute them boldly.
Seize the Day—Just Do It!
A thousand dreams die unborn every day because the dreamer lacks the courage to take the first step, in faith, with no guarantees of success. The great difference between high achievement and failure in life is contained in your willingness to seize the day. Just do it and launch in the direction of your goal, even when your information is still incomplete. There are no guarantees in life, and we know that if every question must be answered, if every obstacle must first be overcome—then nothing will ever get done.
Create your own personal success in life and dare to dream big dreams! Every great achievement begins with a vision and it is your life purpose to seize the day and just do it! Decide what you want, write it down, make a plan, and then—take action. “Leap and the net will appear!”